Abstract: Aims and Objectives
1. To study the efficacy of autologous platelet rich plasma in plantar fasciitis and tennis elbow.
2. To compare the outcome of autologous platelet rich plasma injections between plantar fasciitis and tennis elbow patients.
Materials and Methods: This is a prospective trial involving the patients in the department of orthopedics, Melmaruvathur Adhiparasakthi institute of medical college science hospital and Research Institute, GST road, Melmaruvathur, Tamil Nadu, India.
Prior consent was obtained from ethics committee for research in human beings before the study. A total of 70 patients were included in this study. Out of 70 patients 25 patients had tennis elbow and 45 patients had plantar fasciitis. All the patients were selected based on the inclusion and exclusion criteria described. All the patients underwent same method of treatment. All the patients were assessed based on the numerical pain scoring system which will be described.
1. Patients with clinically diagnosed tennis elbow or plantar fasciitis
2. Patients should have minimum three months duration of symptoms
3. Patients should underwent conservative treatment for a minimum period of three months
4. Patients should have pain score greater than seven at the time of PRP injection.
5. Patients should not had a local steroid injection in last 2 months
6. Both sexes- males and female
7. Age- 18 years and above
1. Less than 3 month duration of tennis elbow and plantar fasciitis
2. Patients without any trial of conservative treatment
3. Recent local steroid injection.
4. Infection or ulcer at the injection site
5. Rheumatoid arthritis
6. Sero negative spondylo arthritis
7. Pregnant ladies
8. Patients younger than 18 years
9. Suspicion of diagnosis.