Manuscript Writing Service
International Journal of Orthopaedics Sciences
  • Printed Journal
  • Indexed Journal
  • Refereed Journal
  • Peer Reviewed Journal

International Journal of Orthopaedics Sciences

2018, Volume 4 Issue 1

A study of uncemented total hip replacement in various hip disorders

Author(s): Vellanki Sarath, A Srinivasa Rao and Shaik Akbar Basha
Abstract: Background: Osteoarthritis (OA) is a major cause of disability among elderly population. It is a major cause of a burden on the health system and its incidence and prevalence continues to rise with a rapidly increasing aging population. Total hip replacement is considered one of the most important and successful intervention in the recent era. The study aims to determine the functional outcome and the complications associated with uncemented total hip replacement using modular prosthesis. In this study 32 cases with osteoarthritis of hip joint were treated by uncemented total hip replacement at Katuri medical college and hospital, China kondrupadu, Guntur between June 2015 to November 2016 were included. The functional outcome is assessed and compared with other studies. The aim of procedure is to assess the functional outcome of uncemented total hip replacement.
Materials and Methods: Our study is prospective study of clinical and radiological analysis of uncemented total hip arthroplasties performed for various hip disorders. All patient data and clinical history were noted with reference to pain, range of motion, gait, activities or function (Harris Hip Score).
Cementless acetabular components, cementless femoral components are used in this study.
Results: All 32 patients in the present study returned for clinical and radiological examinations subsequently. Patients were reviewed after 6 weeks, 3 months, 6 months and 1 year post operatively. The age ranges from 32- 60 years with mean age of 48.31 years. Most of the cases are between the age group of 51-60 years constituting 46.88% of study population. Of the 32 cases, male patients 22 constituting 68.75% and the rest 10 are female patients constituting 31.25% of the cases.
Conclusions: Our study supports the usge uncemented THR in osteoarthritis in both young and elderly. The current trend, research and advent of new implants support uncemented THR in patients suffering from this crippling hip arthritis and avascular necrosis.
Pages: 590-598  |  687 Views  16 Downloads
How to cite this article:
Vellanki Sarath, A Srinivasa Rao and Shaik Akbar Basha. A study of uncemented total hip replacement in various hip disorders. International Journal of Orthopaedics Sciences. 2018; 4(1): 590-598. DOI: 10.22271/ortho.2018.v4.i1i.85
International Journal of Orthopaedics Sciences